Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Prairie Performance" Revisited

In early August we stopped at the New Sherman Hospital in Elgin, Illinois on our drive from Milwaukee, Wisconsin back to our cottage in Michigan.

 We had lunch in the hospital's  dining room ...


... in front of "Prairie Performance".

When Lee had gotten up to clear his tray, a woman at the next table said, "Let me tell you about those flowers.  They're what is planted outside around the hospital."  I replied with a big smile, "Thank you, I know.  I'm the artist."  She got all excited about my being there and told me she sits as close as she can for her lunch everyday.  Then she pointed out the Elvis she had found .... one that I had forgotten about.  Another diner joined in saying much the same things.  I pointed out a couple of more Elvis images to them.

Above is the view out the window that is perpendicular to the wall where "Prairie Performance" is installed.  If you look closely, its reflection can be seen in the glass.

I took a walk outside with my iPhone camera.






















I also took photos of the interior garden, "The Healing Courtyard."  Quite a few Cone Flowers had been planted there.
Since then, friends from Hawaii also stopped in Elgin to view my art while on this trip to the states.  Here's Kawiki on his cell phone asking Lee for guidance to find an Elvis image.

No comments:

Post a Comment