Thursday, September 23, 2010

ArtPrize ... and the Fun Begins!

Here's where I was 24 hours ago.
Waiting for the ArtPrize opening reception at DeVos Place to begin.  This was the only opportunity to get a photo of just me in front of "The Lake".  I loved the steady stream of people, many who marveled this was a textile piece rather than a painting.  There were even some who were surprised to discover that it was twenty-five panels instead of one big piece.
Thanks to Colleen for taking this one.  It was wonderful to see her and other friends as well as everyone else who came.

I'm pleased with this piece ... that the kind of day at the beach I pictured in my mind comes across ... a perfect day between storms.  The strong waves rolling to shore are the result of a storm that's already passed while the clouds on the horizon are building another storm to come ... a reflection of weathering the storms of life while appreciating the changes those turbulent times bring ... and most importantly, cherishing the time between.

And then the word spread about Elvis "swimming" in the piece.  Some people even came back again to find him.  The most obvious of all the images is in the center of this panel.


Here are some of my favorite panels of "The Lake".



























 

























"The Lake" 9' x 7'

PS:  I'll be demonstrating my "ortwork" technique on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from noon to 5:00pm at DeVos Place in Room A.

No comments:

Post a Comment