Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Dash of Culture

UCSD's Best Dressed
Discovered by: Bridgett, TREND Staff Writer


Name: Lilia
School: Sixth College
Major: Art History
Spotted at: Mandeville

Outfit:
Chocolate Colored Boots: Ross
Embossed Leather Purse: "I bought it in the mercado (shops) near the pyramids in Mexico"
Blue Jeans: Target
Scarf: The Metropolitan Museum
Earrings: Old Town San Diego
Hair Pin: UCSD Bookstore
Other Jewelry: Street Fairs or Farmer's Markets

Take on her own fashion:
"I try to implement different cultures into my outfits. It is what makes fashion both fun and personal. I don't like the mannequin look. I don't like rigidity. I want something that is subtle, but will make people look twice."

I often see Lilia around and she never fails to wear something new and interesting. All her outfits include eclectic accessories and clothing that somehow look perfect together. In this outfit, she has two different pairs of earrings on and it suits her well! I also feel that her thick black curly hair always acts as an accessory to her solid, smart looking outfits: especially with the vintage hair pin placed in it.

-Bridgétt, TREND Staff Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment