Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow Day in the Studio


The night before last I awoke at 3:08 am, unable to fall back to sleep. I lay awake thinking about a myriad of things and eventually my muse took over and creative ideas began to emerge. Upon getting up to rouse the kids for school at 5:30 am, I quickly took a piece of scrap paper from my art desk and roughly sketched out the idea my muse had planted in the wee hours of the morning.


One of the benefits of a snow day is the feeling that I can take the day off from (some) of my household duties and enjoy time in my studio. Today, thanks to my insomniac muse, I knew exactly what I would begin.


I am also working on another canvas that I had started a few days ago. OK, I like these snow days. But come June, when we have days to make up, you may have to ask me again.

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment