Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lazy Day Chic

UCSD's Best Dressed
Discovered by: Bria, TREND Staff Writer

Name
: Catherine
Major: Communications
College: Warren
Year: 4th
Spotted: Outside the MCC building

Outfit:
Sneakers:
Urban Outfitters
Denim cut-offs: "Old Navy I think...but they were jeans and I cut them into shorts"
Pinstriped button-down: Forever 21
Oversized Cardigan: Urban Outfitters
Black Quilted Lap-top bag: Urban Outfitters
Funky Rings: All different places. "The big one (the flowered one) was a gift, I think the others are from Forever 21, I usually get my jewelry from there."

Q: So where does most of your style inspiration come from?
A: My style is influenced primarily from street style and I look at blogs like Facehunter and The Sartorialist for inspiration. I also really like looking at Rachel Bilson and Carey Mulligan for inspiration--I also love Anna Karina's French, 1960's style!

Catherine is in style with her beautiful accessory rings, which Lavanya wrote about in yesterday's blog. They truly can dress up any outfit. Her denim shorts are adorable and even better since they were a DIY project. She makes sure her outfit isn't too "Daisy Duke" by pairing her mini shorts with a cute, over-sized cotton button down and a cardigan in a gorgeous hue. Her laptop bag is casual but chic, and very versatile so she can use it with any outfit she wears to school. While she no doubt looks comfortable, she still manages to look stylish, which we all know can be a difficult combination to manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment