Thursday, January 27, 2011

Collections: Part One


As I was ironing tablecloths today, my mind began to wander and I thought about my many collections -- vintage tablecloths for one. I started a mental inventory of the collections I house and began to wonder...do others collect too? And so, I thought I would share with you some of my collections and ask, "What do you collect?"




I have collected McCoy Pottery for a number of years. I've found many pieces in antique shops, but the bulk of my collection hails from Ebay. I have a few favorite colors and prefer the vases and planters from the 1940's and '50's.



A friend of mine turned me on to the beauty of vintage hankies and I like to display them around the house. You'll notice they share space with McCoy pottery, and a couple of head vases on the shelf above.


Then there are the birthday angels from the 1950's. I collect every July angel that I can find and have received a few as gifts. (You guessed it, I'm a July baby. My first angel was one that I received as a child that hails from the 1960's...I'll bet you can pick it out of the crowd.) I also have a boy angel for each of my sons' birthday months. Hubby is represented too as he shares a birth month with our oldest.

So, there is a peek at some of my collections....more to follow.

What do you collect?

Images © Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment