Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Girls' Weekend



This past weekend I did not set foot into my studio. I did, however, renew my spirit with a visit from my very best friend from college days. We only get to see each other two or three times a year and so our visits are very special to us. We spent part of the day poking around antique and gift shops and a wonderful vintage book/ephemera store. (The shopkeeper at the latter even commented that we hadn't stopped talking since we had entered the store...quite true, we rarely come up for air :)

I found some wonderful cabinet cards and vintage postcards, at that particular shop, that I hope to play with and collage. So you may be seeing something like that in the not too distant future. (That is when I locate them...I fear they may have traveled back to New York with her packages by mistake.)

It was a wonderful weekend and I am so grateful to have such a dear friend, who knows me SO well and with whom I can share ANYTHING. Here's hoping that you have someone equally as special in your life and that even if they live far away, you make time to spend together.

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment