Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Different Direction

I am ALWAYS inspired by the artists whom I visit daily on their wondeful blogs. This inspiration prompts me to challenge myself or ponder introducing new elements into my own artwork.

Many years ago (before children) drawing was among my creative outlets. But I found that after the children arrived, I no longer had the 'quiet' nor 'lack of interruption' I seemed to need to work on a drawing. So I gave it up and concentrated on building a home for my family. Now that I have found my way back into the art world, I have wondered if perhaps some element of drawing could mingle with my collage work. Shall I add a drawn element to a collaged background? This line of thinking prompted me to dig up my old sketch book. Two of the following works were drawn twenty or so years ago (ouch!) from photos in an Audubon or Sierra Club calendar.


Inspiration photo by Keith Szafranski


Inspiration photo by Derek Hanson


And finally, a drawing of an old church we saw on our honeymoon in Bermuda.



So maybe sometime in the near future, I'll dust off my pencils and open that sketch book once again...all I need is some uninterrupted quiet.

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment