Thursday, March 1, 2007

Quilt Adventure

A wonderfully related adventure about creating a quilt can be followed at this website: Spirit Cloth ... quilting a story. It is the journal of the making of a quilt for the creator's uncle that began October 15th, 2006. Here is a copy of her first posting:

The quest

i have recently experienced a transition where my hobby has become my life. in order to explain this transformation to myself i have set up this blog to record my thought process as i create what i no longer call a quilt but a spirit cloth. my approach is always very scattered and i hope this journal will help me in my quest to understand the nature of my creative thought and the magic it seems to conjure. i am not a good photographer or a writer, but it seems i might be able to communicate something through cloth making. i hope so.

I very much enjoy reading this weblog daily. To be reminded that a quilt and the process of making one can embody our art and soul as well as be embedded with meaning and emotion. The author chooses to keep herself anonymous, but I cannot help but feel I know her through these postings.

*The red highlighted text is a clickable to take you to the link or posting that is being referenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment