Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunny Day on the Lake Quilts

Mmmmmm....I'm finding that the sunny warm days we're experiencing are influencing the mood of these Lake pieces.
Lake #11
Lake #12
As I stated previously, it's the first fabrics that get laid down that determines the feeling or tone for the whole piece. I'm at the point of picking up scraps that previously I wouldn't even have considered (I was wondering when that point would be reached). Most particularly for the beach. Often it's the other side of the fabric that works. I've never called the back of the fabric the "wrong side".

The stack of twelve finished pieces measures two inches high. Mmmm ... guess I'm aiming for at least a foot high if not 16 1/2 inches.
The comments are very much appreciated. Thank you. It's nice to know that other people besides my husband, Lee, are liking what they see. It amuses me when he walks in my studio and declares the one I've just completed or the one on the work table is his favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment