Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Half Way There



My goal a couple of weeks ago was to create four new canvases. Well folks, I am half way there.



This summer (aside from our vacations to Wisconsin/Chicago and Maine) has been very busy. Too much running around, too many appointments and too many times I was looking at my watch checking how much time I had left before my next obligation! Not ideal. And certainly not conducive to relaxed creating in my studio. Little did I know that finding the time to create four new canvases would be so difficult.





So here we are, the last week of summer vacation before the kiddos go back to school, and son #1 returns to college. I know that once the school year commences I'll have a bit more uninterrupted time in my studio. Kind of bittersweet. I think I'd rather that summer continue, no matter how busy, if it meant keeping all of my chicks at home in the nest. Remarkably, I am not eager to send them off again. Perhaps that's the sign of a "really great summer," no matter how busy it felt.



© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment