Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NY fashion week: Marc Jacobs FW'11

NY fashion week: Marc Jacobs FW'11

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh Marc Jacobs, piece after piece, I was so.....NOT impressed. So, I love MJ and all but this collection just didnt cut it for me. The first row looks like theyre all the same outfit with just slight variations of the same design and I think the sweater is rather shapeless and the styling with the boots are just a bit off. The fabrics and the colour palette really aren't that interesting at all and those dress with the big round pockets are just strange. Im not loving the sleeves of those coats either, they look too puff at the top and lose the shoulders completely.
And those silver pants, oh the silver pants, if anyone on Project Runway made pants like those I could guarantee you that Micheal Kors would say "there's a case of crazy crotch going on in those pants". Also, that one coat with the big fur polka dot collar, I actually generally like that type of collar, its just very old fashioned and I dont think theres enough of that era in this collection to "bring back" the trend.

On the brighter side though, other than the shapeless sweaters and the big puffy sleeved coats, the silhouettes are nice, basic, but nice. And theres one dress that I actually think I would like to have, the one with the salmony pink skirt and transaprent sleeves.

Sorry MJ! We still love you!

-Jona xx

No comments:

Post a Comment