Friday, April 15, 2011

Purses - A New Project

During my absence from Blogland, I was getting ready for the annual  ten day visit to Tennessee of my friend, Alicia.  And then, it was a whirl of activities and fun with her ... a day in the mountains, pedicures, shopping, two parties, and a new project ... purses.  Here are the first ones we made.
Alicia's Purse
Nellie's Purse

These are small wall hangings that measure about 12" x 11".  The background as well as the purse materials are interior decorator fabric samples.  We spent the better part of one day outside taking a bunch of fabric books apart so we could more easily mix and match our choices.  The purses are decorated with buttons and trims from my stash of "stuff".

I want to title my pieces.  So far, the only thing I can think of for this one is "Going Green".  I'm open for suggestions.  So if you have one, please leave it in a comment.

During this next week, I'll post photos each day of the rest of the purse wall hangings we each created.

No comments:

Post a Comment