Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BEAUTY REVIEW: I AM UNE..



I am not concealed. I am not dull. I am not artificial. I am not superficial. I am not indifferent. I am not static. I am Une.

The lovely people at Une send me a bag full of their amazing products to try out last week and I can easily say I'm already hooked. Make up and I have a love hate relationship, if it were up to me I would never put any on, simply because i just can't be bothered, but then you get a spot here and there, long work days take their toll on your eyes and all of a sudden you need a little bit of covering up.



Une is all about natural and organic, so 98-100% of the ingredients used in all of the Une products are from natural origin. No mineral oils, no artificial colouring and no synthetic fragrances. Each product is designed in a shade that's inspired by natural skin/eye/hair tones so they emphasis your beauty rather than enhance it.

You had me at... Fond de teint!! To find the perfect foundation has always been my worst nightmare, the colour is just never right and the texture is always irritating to my skin. Une send me two types of foundation, a liquid one which seriously feels like applying water to my face, probably because 98.9% of the ingredients are from natural origin. The second one was a 100% mineral foundation, that's made up from finely crushed mineral powders. This foundation gives the perfect radiance especially if you lack a lot of colour like me and it also gives a super even complexion.. It's my new baby, I don't think I can live without it anymore.
 Handy little eyeshadow containers that easily slide open and come with a mirror for easy application.. pretty brilliant! There are three different eye shadow ranges from Une, I received the 'Sfumato range. My favourite were S02 which is the light beige one, perfect for applying below your eyebrows and at the corner of your eyes for shine and the S20 which is an olive colour that perfectly complimented my eye colour, making them appear even lighter.


I'll admit I had no idea what a skin glow pencil was till I tried this out, basically it's a creamy-textured pencil which works like a concealer and it's worked perfectly for covering up those odd spots. It perfectly blends in with your skin colour.
The Mascara was another ultimate test. Having gone through almost every brand of mascara, I'm extremely picky when it comes to the brush I use. While I'm not the biggest fan of the brush, the mascara itself is again extremely light and doesn't irritate my eyes so I may be using more often.

 Onto lips.. This lipstick is incredible!! I tried out the L06 lip colour and the S11 lip gloss. Both contain no  mineral oils, and come in sheer colours that are so natural. This is one of the most moisturising lipsticks I've used in a while, it's almost the same colour as my lips and perfectly accentuates them when I don't want to apply a colour.

All in all, this is definetlyy a brand I will be using for a long time, my skin already feels better since I've started using these products and no matter how much I apply it never feels like you have any layers of make up on. If you love the 'au natural' look this is for you and you will love the shades, it's however not the brand you want to use if you're looking for bright colour.

Merci Une for the make-up xx

No comments:

Post a Comment