Friday, December 18, 2009

I Saw IT!!!!!

Finally, December 15th arrived! The day of the grand opening of the New Sherman Hospital in Elgin, Illinois. The day that I finally got to see "Prairie Performance" installed on the wall.
A number of friends and family members came to view it with me.
The day was unusually clear and bright. The sun is almost at its lowest point in the sky this time of year. Those elements combined to make strong shadows fall across the piece. I'm glad there are at least six applications of Krylon acrylic spray with UV ray protection in the mix.
The photo below was taken on a day with a cloud cover that is more typical for winter. My friend, Barbara Lardon, took it before the hospital opened when she delivered her art quilts that are now hanging in the birthing rooms.
Near the end of it's construction there was a constant nagging thought that I should arrive for my first viewing with a pocket full of pastels and request that a ladder be brought out so I could "fix it". Well, I didn't take any art supplies. In fact, it was a relief to realize in retrospect that the thought never even occurred to me.
I am pleased!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment