Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Loving My Juki

I'm loving this machine! The quilting is going fast and there's little disruption with just a few breaking threads. This is taking a bit of getting used to after not being able to stitch more than an inch or two without that happening on the Brother. One little "buggaboo" on this wonderful machine is the automatic needle threader. I'm not finding that part easy to operate. I finally dug up one of those little silver wire needle threaders to speed getting the thread through needle along.

As much as I like this new machine, I had liked the Brother. It worked well up until it started punching loops of top thread to the back and then shredding it. I had it professionally cleaned, oiled, and greased. There was a minor improvement. On the recommendation of quilting friends (in particular, Loretta Painter), I ordered this one. The Brother will be taken to the dealer it was purchased from when I get back to Tennessee to see if the problem can be fixed. I don't know what I'll do with it then. In less than a day I'm spoiled by the Juki.

No comments:

Post a Comment