Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day

Recycling is major to Earth Day. To honor this, here's a collage made up of the cut-offs from the first twenty-four quilts in my Lake series.
Lake #25
I consider this to be recycling the recycled. Scraps of fabric and threads from my and friend's quilt projects make up the materials for the pieces in this Lake series. This abstract Lake quilt is composed of the edges I cut off to get each of the first twenty-four to a standard size of 13" wide.

Also, the backings are recycled decorator fabric samples or old curtains while the batting is comprised of old blankets. So far, I've used scraps from an old army blanket and have cut up an old plaid stadium blanket.


MORE LAKE QUILTS

I could hardly wait to get home to create this one with the scraps given to me by my friend Pat at bee this last Thursday.
Lake #23
I so very much liked the deep purples of Lake #22 that I needed to make another before continuing this series.
Lake #24

To view all twenty-five quilts, plus photos of each before they were quilted click on the Lake Series I photo album in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment