Friday, April 13, 2007

Art Share Meme Results

The five Art Share Memes that I participated in brought these treasures through the mail.

Beverly used all hand-dyed fabrics, Angelina fibers, and hand embroidery to make this whimsical folkart-like postcard.
"Misty Mountains"

Maureen generously sent two postcards. The first is collaged under tulle netting featuring cutout fabric trees and fibers on a wool background. I don't believe I'd like to venture too deeply into these woods without "protection", or at least a basket of bread crumbs.
"Mystic Forest"
The second, a photo transfer onto fabric of a picture taken from her front gate looking west to the D'Aguilar Range.
"Sunset after Storm"

Dianna created this intricatly beautiful postcard. I can almost feel the cool depths of this shadowy forest in which I wouldn't dare stray from a path.
"Bamboo Forest-Kipahula

I find it interesting that all the postcard art made for me features trees.

Arlee concocted an elegant tissue holder. I don't have a clue how she knew that I was missing something like this next to my "green nest" chair. Previously, I would need to get up and go find a kleenex or have loose ones lying around adding more clutter to my hand-sewing supplies and tools on the small side table.It is made of silk crepe fabric (purple) with hand and machine embroidery, plus beading. I feel priviledged that she used some of her square sequins in the center of the flower.

Debra made this geometric composition with hand-painted or dyed fabrics plus batiks and crystaline overlays.
"Jig" - 15"x10"

I love the art each of these talented quilters shared with me. I like having their creative energy in my studio. A big thank you to all of them for participating in the Art Share Meme.

No comments:

Post a Comment