Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inktense!


I had been wanting these pencils for a while now...Inktense by Derwent...a wonderfully rich watercolor pencil, so I had heard.

So with coupon in hand I marched off to Michael's and came home with the set of 12. Ideally, I would have wanted at least the set of 24, but sets of 12 were all that the store had. I decided that I could live without the 12 additional colors (10 really, if you don't count white or the outliner) and I could supplement my supply of colors, singly, through Dick Blick. Hence, I was a happy camper.

Permitting myself a little down time today, I experimented in my journal with the Inktense pencils, and yes, they are rich and vibrant and oh, so much fun. The zinnias in the journal page above are much more vibrant than had they been rendered with traditional watercolor pencils.

I predict a Dick Blick order in the not too distant future.



artwork © Nancy Lefko
Inktense image © Dick Blick

No comments:

Post a Comment