Saturday, January 2, 2010

It's Play Time!


What does one do for fun while the boys play with their new Christmas loot and the snow piles up outside? Well, journal, of course.


Gathering up my journaling supplies: watercolor pencils, markers, collage elements, glue stick and Moleskine journal, I was ready to settle down by the fire. The falling snow and the sheer beauty of winter (and knowing that I wasn't the one who'd be shoveling) was all the inspiration I needed.


The snow has been falling for days and, with nowhere to go, I have enjoyed a great deal of journaling time. Today the aroma of a roast in the crock-pot and the sight of boys playing in the snow was the calm that my muse needed to create page after page.


In addition to my watercolor pencils, I played around with my Caran d'Ache water soluble crayons and water soluble oil pastels for a bit of bold color.

Gee, winter can be fun after all, even for those who prefer the fireside to Jack Frost nipping at your nose.

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment