Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring Gallery Gathering in Gatlinburg

Yesterday afternoon at Gatlinburg's "Spring Gallery Gathering" in the Cliff Dweller's Gallery I was one of seven artists demonstrating art. There was weaving, basket making, dulcimer making, pot throwing, marbleizing paper, and mixed media collage going on in the upstairs studios and on the front porch. I was set up in the gallery. My project was creating the base layer for my fifth mountain piece of the same view of the Smoky Mountains from Morton's Overlook.
Visitors were amazed that the one hanging on the wall for the afternoon began this way.
I got to the point of adding the finer details at the end of four hours.
"Silk Roses" along with several of my other quilts are among lots of art hanging on the walls. There are also four birds among the baskets and pottery on the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment