Monday, September 1, 2008

From Start to Finish


I rarely post photos of my works in progress, but I really do enjoy seeing that type of post on others' blogs. With that in mind, this weekend I took the camera into my studio so I wouldn't forget to take photos along the path of creation.


The piece doesn't look like much until I start to play with paints on the background of collaged papers. For this piece I also added prints made with foam stamps and acrylic paint. I have already sketched my "scene" on paper and transfer that to the canvas.


I add decorative papers which have been distressed and inked and before long I really have something. (At first I thought I would let some of the paint on the houses show through, but changed my mind and covered all with papers.)


Windows are added to give more life to the houses, which you can see are filled with "song." Shading with charcoal pencil and a little more ink and then I am ready for text which gives the piece its story.


This finished collage entitled, "Home to Our Hearts," is available in my Etsy shop. **SOLD**

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment