Friday, March 21, 2008

Illustration Friday ~ Pet Peeves



Today's Illustration Friday topic was intriguing. As I thought on the subject, it occurred to me that I have a number of pet peeves but not all of them lend themselves to a piece of art.

I decided to settle on this collage, Java Junkie. Faithful readers of my blog might remember from previous posts my delight in a really good cup of coffee. The aroma, the taste, the warmth...it all appeals to me. So it has been a pet peeve of mine that the medical community cannot decide if coffee is good for me or the bane of my existence. It seems that every year or so the scientists change their mind on the subject of coffee and its demon ingredient, caffeine. Since I cannot bear the thought of life without coffee, I choose to revere the statistics that tell me coffee is a great anti-oxidant and ignore the reports that tell me to stop drinking it tomorrow.

There you go...pet peeve number one.

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment