Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The 1st of the Next 50 Lake Quilts

This piece is my interpretation of the lake near the end of a typical fall day. The sun is low and glaring, the air is clear and fresh, strong winds blow the clouds and make high waves that wash debris ashore, plus there's a bit of pinkish color cast over all.
Lake #51 (13"x12")
under construction
Since we arrived in Tennessee, I check the webcam that is focused on Lake Michigan at the Holland channel just about everyday. Our cottage is less than a half mile down the beach. I miss being there to experience the sensations, but being able to check out the lake conditions and effects of the weather satisfies something within me. I look forward to watching the ice form and build up on the piers and lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment