Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Glimpse into the Past


During my semi-annual foray into the "still-good shed" at our local transfer station -- searching for books to use in mixed media -- I came upon a gem. (Well, really, a couple of gems.) This lovely old botany book had a treasure tucked inside. The previous owner had taken care to press in the book a leaf that corresponded with the page.

I was immediately filled with thoughts of that young, or maybe older, aspiring botanist, and curiosity about that fine soul's life. It is the same curiosity and wonder that I feel when I come upon a vintage photograph; who was she? what became of her? are questions I often ask myself.

I suppose therein lies my fondness for all things vintage, and my goal to breathe new life into items from the past. I believe that those who came before us deserve to be remembered and I do my best to make sure that they're not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment