Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Everything at Once



I approach most of my collage work with a clear plan in mind. However, this collage developed on its own, a little at a time. I approached it in an experimental way...try this, add that and pretty soon the collage began to dictate the direction it would take.

I was inspired by the wonderful vintage book cover that serves as the base and can be seen peeking out from under the ephemera. Another twist for me is using original ephemera for this piece, as opposed to copies. The book cover seemed to call for the originals; a postcard, ledger paper, photograph and library circulation card.

The collage became an homage to women who try to be everything to everyone. A habit, I'm sure, of which most of us are guilty.

Available in my Etsy shop. **SOLD**

© Nancy Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment