Friday, October 10, 2008

A Partner in the Studio


While working on the above ACEO in my studio today, I was joined by my youngest son, Brian. Very often he will play alongside me while I create, but the image of the bee I was making piqued his interest and he wanted to join me at my art desk. He began with an image I had discarded, which he colored and used as a start for the illustration below entitled, 'In the Garden.' He added a monarch caterpillar, yellow jacket and fly.


On an artistic roll, Brian proceeded to create an illustration he has entitled, 'Home Sweet Log.' Featured insects include orange back termites, millipede, maggots and a pill bug.

It was a joy to have my young son join me on today's creative journey. These are magic moments.


My ACEO is available in my Etsy shop, however, Brian has informed me that his illustrations are not for sale.

*SOLD*

© Nancy and Brian Lefko

No comments:

Post a Comment