Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lake Series - What I Should've Been Doing

Instead of playing with birds, I should've been working on the big lake piece that is one of my entries to the SMQ guild show. It had to be delivered yesterday. I warmed up by constructing this smaller, regular sized one.
Lake #53 (construction)
My husband walked in while I was sprinkling bits in the shallow shoreline water. He could not figure out what I was doing because it looked to him as though I was doing nothing but empty-handed gestures.
I was picking up and dropping bits like these one at a time. The larger long pieces got snipped into single triangle pieces.
I had shaken them out of these scraps to get them.
This is the mess of scraps and wool roving from which I'm working. I needed peach fabric and could not find a single scrap of that color from the three bags full dumped on the floor.
I finished that quilt Tuesday morning and that includes the sleeve and lable. Whew! You'll get to see it when I post about the opening of the quilt show next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment