Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Playing with Ed

Judy and I were working in the studio and my husband, Lee, was engaged in a tennis match on this particular morning. Cousin, Ed, was at loose ends. He paints canvases with acrylics and had expressed interest in how my lake pieces are created. So, I prepared a foundation and gave him a bag of scraps to play with while he watched a golf tournament.
 Here's his charming creation after I had machine quilted it.
I was working on this piece that morning.Lake #40
Here it is under construction.
I enjoy working along-side creative people. Recently, I was catching up with Robert Genn's Artist's Newsletters ... along with a lot of blogs. This one, "The Buddy System", struck home with me ... especially this bit of sage advice:
  • Don't comment unless asked.
  • Give the gift of joyous approval.
  • Accept all comers for what they wish to become.
  • Understand and grant other styles and approaches.
  • Realize the sun doesn't rise and set on academics.
  • Feature others rather than yourself.
  • Bask in the sunshine of others' success.
  • Treasure the miracle of friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment