Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Lake Series At the Lake

I had an appointment to introduce my Lake Series pieces to Good Goods gallery in Saugatuck this morning. Yippee!!!! They loved them and kept 12 out of the 26 made so far.

It's been a few weeks since I've made any. Instead of unpacking more boxes or weeding I made one this afternoon. I've been curious how that would go when in the presence of the lake. I don't know if that was the factor that made putting this one together difficult, or if it's that I'm out of practice. Somehow, I couldn't look at the lake while constructing this piece. I kept my back to the window ... to this Here it is under construction. Part of the old stadium blanket that's used for the batting is visible at the top. It was fun choosing from new scrap bags. I'd forgotten there were so many orts from projects made here at the cottage. Reminiscing about each ones origin made me smile and feel excited about making future lake pieces.
I ended up doing quite a bit of oil pastel work to blend the elements. In spite of the struggle, Lee claims it's his favorite (of the moment).
Lake #27

To view photos of previous pieces in this series, click on the album covers in the sidebar. To read about the making of previous pieces click on the label, Lake Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment