Saturday, January 13, 2007

More Valentines for Soldiers

I'm wishing there were more hours in a day. Only five postcards were completed today. That initial burst of enthusiasm for a project is when a lot gets done ... and I'm reluctant to do anything but. The above land/sea scape pieces are constructed from the trimmings of three projects. The sky parts are from the shelf foreground of one of the shoe blocks of "Imelda's Dream" quilt. I don't recognize where the others are from.
These two are purely textural. They're comprised of a leftover chenille fabric that I had created for a section of a jacket I named "Where's Elvis?" using various techniques from Judith Murrah's book, Jacket Jazz.

I can't wait to get back at these tomorrow.

*All photos are clickable for you to view a larger version in a separate window. Click the back arrow icon of your server to get back to this post.
*Click on a label to see all postings featuring that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment